Fifth Estate Collective
Statement of Ownership, etc.
Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation (Required by 39 USC 3685)
1. Title of Publication: Fifth Estate
2. Date of Filing: 30 September 1979
3. Frequency of Issue: Bi-Monthly
3A. No. of Issues Published Annually: 6
3B. Annual Subscription Price: $4
4. Location of Known Office of Publication: 4403 Second Ave., Detroit MI 48201, Wayne County.
5. Location of the Headquarters or General Business Offices of the Publishers: 4403 Second Ave., Detroit MI 48201.
6. Names and Complete Addresses of Publisher, Editor, and Managing Editor: Publisher: The Fifth Estate Newspaper, Inc. (A Michigan Non-profit Corporation), 4403 Second Ave., Detroit MI 48201; Editor: None; Managing Editor: None.
7. Owner (If owned by a corporation, its name and address must be stated and also immediately thereunder the names and addresses of stockholders owning or holding 1 percent or more of total amount of stock. If not owned by a corporation, the names and addresses of the individual owners must be given. If owned by a partnership or other unincorporated firm, its name and address, as well as that of each individual must be given: The Fifth Estate Newspaper, Inc., 4403 Second Ave., Detroit MI 48201. The Fifth Estate Newspaper, Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit corporation.
8. Known Bondholders, Mortgagees, and other security holders owning or holding 1 percent or more of total amount of bonds, mortgages or other securities: None.
9. For completion by non-profit organizations authorized to mail at special rates: The purpose, function, and nonprofit status of this organization and the exempt status for Federal income tax purposes have not changed during preceding 12 months.
10. Extent and nature of circulation: Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months:
A. Total no. copies printed (net press run): 2,000;
B. Paid Circulation: 1) Sales through dealers and carriers, street vendors and counter sales: 989:2) Mail subscriptions: 549;
C. Total Paid Circulation: 1535.
D. Free distribution by mail, carrier or other means, samples, complimentary, and other free copies: 250
E. Total Distribution (Sum of C and D): 1785;
F. Copies not distributed: 1) Office use, left over, unaccounted, spoiled after printing: 111; 2.(Returns from newsagents: 104
G. Total (Sum of E, Fl and 2 should equal net press run shown in A): 2,000.
Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date: A. Total no. copies printed (net press run): 2,000; B. Paid circulation: 1) Sales through dealers and carriers, street vendors and counter sales: 967; 2) Mail subscriptions: 549; C. Total paid circulation (Sum of 1081 and 1082): 1516; D. Free distribution by mail, carrier or other means, samples, complimentary and other free copies: 250 E. Total distribution (Sum of C and D1: 1766; Copies not distributed: 1) Office use, left over, unaccounted, spoiled after printing: 101; 2) Returns from news agents: 133 Total (sum of E, F1 and F2—should equal net press run shown in A): 2,000.
11. I certify that the statements made by me above are correct and complete.
12. For completion by publishers mailing at the regular rates (Section 132.121, Postal Service Manual). 39 USC provides in pertinent Part: “No person who would have been entitled to mail matter under former section 4359 of this title shall mail such matter at the rates provided under this subsection unless he files annually with the Postal Service a written request for permission to mail matter at such rates.” In accordance with the provisions of this statute, hereby request permission to mail the publication named in Item 1 at the phased postage rates presently authorized by 39 USC 3626, (Signed) Ralph Franklin (Business Manager)